Referral Code + Competition Terms
Referral Code Terms & Conditions
Scripin 2017 Refer a Friend Promotion (Promotion)
terms & Conditions (these terms)
- We, Ruud Enterprise Limited, are the promotor of the Promotion and our registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
- By participating in the Promotion, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms.
- Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of the Promotion. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for the current terms and conditions relating to Amazon gift cards and their use. These may be changed from time to time which is outside our control.
- You have received an e-mail inviting you to participate in the Promotion.
- To be eligible to participate, you must be an individual (not a business) who is resident in the UK and be 18 years old or over.
- If both you and your spouse/partner have received an invitation to participate, only one of you may participate.
- The Promotion is not open to our employees, their families, our agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Promotion.
- How to participate
- The Promotion will run from 3 July 2017 until 31 December 2017 but may be withdrawn or amended at any time and without notice.
- All you need to do to participate is share the unique referral code supplied in the invitation e-mail with your friends or contacts who are intending to get married or enter into a civil partnership, and encourage them to purchase a Licence from us, and specify the unique referral code when they do so, to use the Service on a self-service basis at their wedding or civil partnership (Licence and Service as defined in our Terms of Service).
- Reward of gift vouchers
- For each friend or contact (who is not acting as or on behalf of a business) who purchases a Licence on the basis set out in paragraph 3.2 and specifies the unique referral code, and provided that such purchase has been made in accordance with our Terms of Service and is not cancelled within any 14-day cancellation period permitted by those terms, you will be entitled to one Amazon.co.uk gift voucher in the sum of £20.00.
- Whilst you may share the unique referral code with as many friends and contacts as you like, your code may only be used by each friend or contact once and only a maximum of 10 times. Essentially, this means that you may be rewarded with up to 10 X £20.00 Amazon.co.uk gift vouchers, but no more.
- Each gift voucher to which you become entitled will be delivered to you by e-mail after any 14-day cancellation period for the relevant purchase of a Licence has expired and there has been no cancellation in that period.
- No cash alternative will be offered for any gift voucher. We reserve the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of the same or greater value.
- We are not responsible for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with:
- any failure by a friend or contact to specify the unique referral code when purchasing a Licence or any error in doing so;
- any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in your sharing of your unique referral code, the operation of the code, the Licence purchase process or the delivery of a gift voucher as a result of any matter beyond our reasonable control, including (without limitation) as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, or any system, telecommunications, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind;
- the operation and use of a gift voucher.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms, we may, at our sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Promotion and/or cancel any reward due to you. We reserve the right to disqualify any reward where we deem, at our sole discretion, that the spirit of the Promotion has been contravened.
- We reserve the right to hold suspend, withdraw or amend the Promotion where it becomes reasonably necessary to do so, but any gift vouchers already due to you will be supplied.
- These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Scripin 2017 Wedding Fair Prize competition terms
We, Ruud Enterprise Limited, are the promotor of this competition and our registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU.
1. How to enter
1.1 By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms. We reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms.
1.2 The competition will run during the period when the Wedding Fair you have attended (Fair) is open, i.e. it commences at the time and on the date that the Fair commences and closes at the time and on the date that the Fair ends (Closing Time).
1.3 All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than the Closing Time; any entries received after the Closing Time will not be considered.
1.4 There are two ways to enter, and only whilst at the Fair:
(a) Complete an entry form, obtained from our stand at the Fair (subject to availability), and deposit it where indicated by us at the Fair; and/or
(b) Follow our Twitter account, @GetScripin, or Instagram account, getscripin, take a photo of yourself in front of our designated display at the Fair (looking as happy and fun as possible), post that photo on Twitter or Instagram (the platform you followed us on), and include the hashtag, #GetScripin.
1.5 The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. You may enter the competition twice – once using each method of entry specified above (but may only win once).
1.6 Entries which are automatically generated, illegible, tampered with, incomplete, misspelt, or incomprehensible are void and will not be entered into the competition.
1.7 We will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid or damaged, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
2.1 The competition is open only to attendees of the Wedding Fair who are UK residents, aged 18 and over, except our employees, their families, our agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2.2 In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so. We may require you to provide proof of eligibility.
3. Winning and prizes
3.1 After the Closing Time:
(a) One winner will be chosen by an independent person selecting, at random, one of the entry forms submitted in accordance with clause 1.4(a); and
(b) One winner will be chosen by an independent person selecting what they believe is the “funniest” and “happiest” photo out of those posted on Twitter and Instagram in accordance with clause 1.4(b).
The decisions of the independent person(s) (acting reasonably) will be final. If the same person is chosen under both clause 3.1(a) and clause 3.1(b), they can only win once, so a further winner will be selected under clause 3.1(a).
3.2 There are two prizes, each of which we shall supply. Each prize is a licence to use our ‘Self Service Lite’ package for one event (see www.scripin.com for further details). The use of such licences is strictly subject to your acceptance of our Terms of Service. Each prize has a value of £250, but is not negotiable, exchangeable or transferable, and no cash alternative is offered. A prize must be used within 2 years of the Closing Time.
4. Winner announcement and claiming
4.1 The winners of the competition will be announced on our website www.scripin.com as soon as reasonably practicable after the Fair.
4.2 We will contact the winners as soon as reasonably practicable after they have been chosen:
(a) by e-mail or telephone, for the winner under clause 3.1(a); and
(b) by Twitter or Instagram message (depending on the method of entry), for the winner under clause 3.1(b).
4.3 If you are a winner, you will have up to 90 days from being contacted by us to claim your prize. You should make your claim by telephoning us on 020 3051 6784 or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid and we reserve the right to select another winner using the appropriate method under clause 3.1.
4.4 We do not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
5.1 If you have entered the competition using the method provided under clause 1.4(b), you agree that we may, but are not required to, publish your photo entry on our website http://www.scripin.com and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, in connection with any publicity of the competition or our attendance at the Fair, or the marketing of our services.
5.2 You agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the photo entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the photo entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes, and you waive all moral rights in and to them under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
6. Data protection
6.1 If you are a winner of the competition, you agree that we may use your name, town of residence, and, if applicable, photo entry to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
6.2 By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by us or our agents and suppliers to administer the competition. If you have ticked the box on a competition entry under clause 1.4(a) consenting to our doing so, we may use the personal information provided by you to send you information by electronic means about services we feel may interest you.
7.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
7.2 We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
7.3 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.